CROHMIQ® FIBC are the world's safest static protective Bulk Bags that do not require grounding
CROHMIQ is internationally recognized as the genuine Type D static protective bulk bag packaging technology. The proven safety record of CROHMIQ is unmatched. Over 30 million CROHMIQ FIBC have been safely used, including extensive use in hazardous flammable environments. Only CROHMIQ's FIBC technology provides a level of safety equal to a properly earthed Type C FIBC, but without the risks of human error. For these reasons, leading global companies have converted from Type B and Type C bulk bags to the optimum safety of CROHMIQ FIBC. Over 4 million CROHMIQ FIBC have been safely reused after refurbishing.
The static dissipative properties of CROHMIQ FIBC are permanent; therefore, its performance does not decay with time nor wash off during wet reconditioning processes as happens with inferior Type D FIBC. Grounding CROHMIQ is not required, but CROHMIQ can be safely grounded for applications that demand groundable bulk bags. CROHMIQ FIBC fabric is FDA and EU food contact compliant, including 21 CFR 177.1520. CROHMIQ FIBC are continuously tested in a world-class testing laboratory. Over 15 years of thorough testing by the world's leading test laboratories has proven the safety of CROHMIQ’s technology. CROHMIQ complies with all the latest National and International safety standards for static protective FIBC. Worldwide technical support is available to all users of CROHMIQ FIBC.
CROHMIQ FIBC PROVIDE SUPERIOR SAFETY COMPARED TO TYPE B AND TYPE C FIBC
REASONS TO USE CROHMIQ® TYPE D FIBC
CROHMIQ FIBC’S UNMATCHED SAFETY RECORD
• Proven safety with over 30 million CROHMIQ FIBC used without incident in multiple products, industries, & combustible environments
• Over 60 billion pounds of products have been safely packaged in CROHMIQ FIBC
• Leading global companies don’t compromise safety because they use CROHMIQ blue® FIBC to protect their personnel and customers from the dangers of static discharges
• Leading companies recognize the blue color fabric used on FIBC as a TEXENE quality product
• When safety matters, depend on CROHMIQ and do not allow substitutions as CROHMIQ is the world’s premier Type D FIBC fabric
THE LEGITIMATE TYPE D FIBC FABRIC
• The world’s first effective, and still leading technology, static dissipative FIBC fabric that does not require grounding
COMPLIES WITH NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS
• INTERNATIONAL ELECTROTECHNICAL COMMISSION STANDARD: IEC 61340-4-4 Ed. 2.0: 2012
• INTERNATIONAL ELECTROTECHNICAL COMMISSION TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION IEC/TS 60079-32-1: 2013
• CENELEC TECHNICAL REPORT: CLC/TR 50404: 2003
• NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION STANDARDS: NFPA 652: 2016 & NFPA 654: 2013
• JAPANESE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH TR No. 42: 2007
• CROHMIQ is the leading Type D FIBC technology
• Safely dissipates static electricity without the need for a ground/earth connection
• CROHMIQ FIBC can be safely used grounded or ungrounded, whereas Type C FIBC must be grounded securely and correctly in order to dissipate electrostatic charges
• Complies with Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDA) and European Union (EU) regulations for use in the storage and transportation of dry goods
• CROHMIQ static protective FIBC are safe to store and transport food products and pharmaceuticals
RIGOROUS TESTING TO PROVE SAFETY
• To ensure the continued safety of CROHMIQ® fabric, TEXENE regularly conducts tests in its safety performance test laboratory located in Summerville, SC. The most important test that proves the safety of FIBC for use in flammable or explosive atmospheres is the incendivity, or ignition test, conducted according to the International Standard IEC 61340-4-4 Ed. 2.0: 2012. The principle is to fill the bulk bag under test with charged pellets and determine if there are any electrostatic discharges from the surface of the bulk bag with sufficient energy to ignite an approaching gas probe. The test parameters are selected to provide the severest challenge to FIBC so as to ensure they are able to perform safely under worst case conditions.
For more information on ignition testing, read more at: Proving the Safety of CROHMIQ
FIBC are classified according to one of four types. The types are defined by the construction of the bulk bag, the nature of their intended operation and associated performance requirements. The table below identifies which type of FIBC is appropriate depending on the sensitivity to ignition of the product being packaged and of the surrounding atmosphere. The sensitivity to ignition of the product being packaged, i.e. the bulk product, is defined by its minimum ignition energy (MIE). Surroundings are classified in increasing sensitivity to ignition by electrostatic discharges as non-flammable, explosive dust atmosphere or explosive gas or vapour.
FIBC CLASSIFICATION TYPE A, B, C, D
HAZARD ZONES WHERE DIFFERENT TYPES OF
FIBC CAN BE USED
Type A FIBC are made from plain polypropylene or other non-conductive material. Static electricity is generated as products move over the inside surface of FIBC when they are filled or emptied. As there is no static protection provided by Type A FIBC, it is essential that they are not used to store or transport combustible materials or used in flammable or combustible environments.
Type B FIBC are similar to Type A FIBC in that they are made from plain polypropylene or other non-conductive material. And like Type A FIBC, Type B FIBC do not have any mechanism for dissipating static electricity. The difference is that Type B bulk bags are made from materials that have a low breakdown voltage to prevent the occurrence of highly energetic, and dangerous propagating brush discharges (PBD). Although Type B FIBC can prevent PBD, they cannot be considered antistatic FIBC because they do not dissipate electrostatic charge and so normal brush discharges can still occur, which can ignite flammable solvent vapours.
Type C FIBC are conductive FIBC. Originally they were made from entirely conductive materials. Today, groundable Type C FIBC are more commonly made from non-conductive polypropylene interwoven with conducting yarns, normally in a grid pattern. The interconnection of conductive yarns and the connection to ground or earth are critical to the safe use of Type C FIBC. As with any manual operation, ensuring interconnection and grounding of Type C FIBC is subject to human error.
Type D FIBC are made from static protective fabric designed to safely prevent the occurrence of incendiary sparks, brush discharges and propagating brush discharges, without the need for a connection from the bulk bag to ground or earth. As CROHMIQ Type D FIBC protect against incendiary sparks, brush discharges and propagating brush discharges, CROHMIQ can be used safely to package combustible products and for handling products in combustible and flammable environments.
For more information on CROHMIQ, please select from the links below:
CROHMIQ is a registered trademark of Texene LLC.
If you would like more information on Type A FIBC
If you would like more information on Type B FIBC
If you would like more information on Type C FIBC
If you would like more information on Type D FIBC